When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
We collect information from you when you fill out a form or enter information on our site such as when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features.
We may use the information we collect from you to send periodic emails regarding your order, informing you of our new products (including products of our affiliates), services and offers, and providing you with information about us and our products.
Also, we may contract with third-party service providers to provide certain services for our business, such as credit card processing, computer system services, shipping, data management, advertisements, or promotional services. We provide the information needed for these service providers to perform these services. The information we provide may include some of our customers’ personal and Personally Identifiable Information. However, these service providers are not authorized to use any of the information we share with them for any purposes other than to provide services to us.
We may share information that we have collected with governmental agencies and other organizations assisting us in fraud prevention or for investigative purposes. We may do so when permitted or mandated by law; trying to protect against or prevent fraud; attempting to prevent unauthorized or improper transactions; or investigating fraud or improper conduct that has already taken place. In these instances, the information is not provided to these agencies or organizations for marketing or any other unrelated purposes.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. For your convenience we may store your credit card information kept for more than 60 days in order to expedite future orders, and to automate the billing process.
To make a purchase through our Website, you will have to provide a payment source, such as a credit card. We use third-party billing services and HAVE NO CONTROL over these services. We will use our best efforts to make sure that your payment source is kept STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL by using only third-party billing services that use industry-standard technologies to protect your payment source from unauthorized use. However, you understand and agree that we are in no way responsible for any misuse of your payment source.
Our Website may send a “cookie” to your computer. A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. A cookie cannot read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system. Cookies are used to identify which areas of our site you have visited, so the next time you visit the site, we can better personalize the content that you see on our Website. In addition, Cookies may be used to serve relevant advertisements and emails to you after you leave our site. Most browser software can be set to reject Cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled which will result in your site experience being less efficient and cause some of our services to not function properly.
Mais Oui Villa – Make It Jamaica fully complies with international laws regarding SPAM. You can always opt out of receipt of further email correspondence from us. We will not sell, rent, or trade your email address to any unaffiliated third-party without your permission. We believe that your email address is personal and should be kept that way. We use your email address to provide better customer service, to facilitate your transactions with our third-party marketing partners, and to be able to inform you of the Internet offers and promotions from us or our affiliates.
If you wish to opt out of Google Remarketing, simply visit: http://www.google.com/settings/ads/
If you wish to opt out of AdRoll Retargeting, simply visit: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously
It’s also important to note that we allow third party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13. We do not verify the age of our users nor do we have any liability for verifying a user’s age.
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur, we will notify the users via email within 7 business days
We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
• We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
• NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
• Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, simply click the Unsubscribe link in the email. Alternatively, you can email us at
firstname.lastname@example.org or through our contact form on our website, www.makeitjamaica.com, and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
To help us improve our privacy and security policies and practices, please send us your questions and feedback using the Contact Us and Feedback forms on our Website, www.makeitjamaica.com.
1. Definitions. Terms used in this section will have the meaning set forth below.
2. “Data Breach” means any security breach, or any similar or equivalent comprise which leads to the unintended, accidental, unauthorized or unlawful loss, disclosure of, or access to, EU Personal Data by any Processor.
3. “Data Controller” has the meaning given to it under the GDPR.
4. “Data Processor” has the meaning given to it under the GDPR.
5. “Data Protection Laws” means any data protection, privacy or similar laws or regulations anywhere in the world relating to the processing or other use of personal data, including the GDPR, that apply in relation to any Personal Data processed in connection with this Agreement.
6. “EU Data Subject” will have the meaning given to “Data Subject” under the GDPR.
7. “EU Personal Data” will have the meaning given to “Personal Data” under the GDPR.
8. “GDPR” means Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and to the extent the GDPR is no longer applicable in the United Kingdom, any implementing legislation or legislation having equivalent effect in the United Kingdom.
9. “Our Prior Guest Personal Data” means EU Personal Data that is processed by Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa or any Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa employees, agents or personnel in performing its obligations under this Agreement or which is otherwise made available directly or indirectly to Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa or its employees, agents or personnel by Our Prior Guest or our Merchant processor(s).
10. “Processing” will have the meaning given to it under the GDPR.
11. “Processor Security Obligations” will mean Article 32 of the GDPR.
12. “Supervisory Authority” has the meaning given to it under the GDPR.
13. Compliance. Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa will comply with its obligations under applicable Data Protection Laws. Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa will ensure that all Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa employees, subcontractors and other personnel will comply with obligations that are equivalent to the obligations imposed on Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa under this section to the extent that such Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa employees, subcontractors and personnel carry out any processing of Our Prior Guest Personal Data under or in connection with this Agreement. Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa will not intentionally perform any act that puts Our Prior Guest in breach of their data under applicable Data Protection Laws, and Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa will notify Our Prior Guest if in Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa’s opinion performance of any action would result in breach of applicable Data Protection Laws. Nothing in this Agreement will be deemed to prevent either party from taking the steps it reasonably deems necessary to comply with applicable Data Protection Laws.
14. General. The Parties acknowledge that: (i) Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa will determine the purposes for which and the manner in which Our Prior Guest Personal Data are, or are to be, processed in the performance of this Agreement; (ii) Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa will be the Data Controller in respect of all Our Prior Guest Personal Data; (iii) Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa and our Merchant provider(s) will be the Data Processor(s) in respect of Our Prior Guest Personal Data; and (iv) Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa and our merchant provider(s) will only process Our Prior Guest Personal Data for the limited purpose of performing its obligations under, and during the term of, this Agreement.
15. Requests. In a manner that conforms to any timescales set out in applicable Data Protection Laws, (and, in any event, as soon as reasonably practicable, if sooner, or as specified below in this section), Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa will comply with any written request by Our Prior Guest to: (i) correct or delete inaccurate Personal Data; (ii) provide a copy of Our Prior Guest Personal Data relating to an EU Data Subject in the possession or control of Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa; (iii) provide information about the Processing of Our Prior Guest’s Personal Data including information (or a report in sufficient detail if requested by Our Prior Guest, within thirty (30) days of such request) about the technical and organizational security measures that it uses to comply with the Processor Security Obligations or information about how its processing of Our Prior Guest Personal Data complies with applicable Data Protection Laws; (iv) within ten (10) days of such request or notice (as applicable) from Our Prior Guest, assist and provide the required information in respect of any request or notice, or any anticipated request or notice, by or on behalf of any EU Data Subject or by a Supervisory Authority in respect of Our Prior Guest’s Personal Data; and (v) otherwise provide reasonable assistance to Authorities as necessary to ensure Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa to comply with applicable Data Protection Laws.
16. Use. Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa will not, without Our Prior Guest’s prior written consent through opt-in on our mailing list: (i) use Our Prior Guest’s Personal Data for Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa’s own purposes; (ii) transfer any of Our Prior Guest’s Personal Data to, or allow access to any Our Prior Guest’s Personal Data by, third parties (whether a subcontractor or otherwise); or (iiii) carry out the processing by automatic means of any of Our Prior Guest’s Personal Data for the purpose of evaluating matters about an EU Data Subject that constitutes the sole basis for any decision that significantly affects such Data Subject.
17. Transfer. Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa may disclose Our Prior Guest’s Personal Data throughout the world to fulfil the purposes described above. This may include transferring Our Prior Guest’s Personal Data to other countries (including countries located outside the European Economic Area) that have different data protection regimes and which are not deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for EU Personal Information. To ensure that Our Prior Guest’s Personal Data is sufficiently protected when transferred outside the EEA, Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa currently maintain a strict, no sharing policy in which our database is neither sold nor leased nor accessed via any means outside of passworded, 128-bit encrypted access. To the extent that Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa processes any personal data protected by EU Data Protection Law under the Agreement and/or that originates from the EU and Switzerland, Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa agrees to protect such personal data in accordance with the requirements of GDPR ethically.
18. Complaints. Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa will promptly notify Our Prior Guests if any complaints are received by Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa from third parties about the processing of Our Prior Guest’s Personal Data, and Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa will not make any admissions, settle or take any action which may be prejudicial to the defense or settlement of any such complaint and will provide to Our Prior Guest such reasonable assistance, at Our Prior Guest’s cost, as it may require in connection with such complaint. If Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa acquires, on behalf of and independently from Our Prior Guest(s), any EU Personal Data from EU Data Subjects as part of the Services, Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa will give such individuals a data protection notice describing the intended use of such EU Personal Data, in a form provided or approved by Our Prior Guest(s). Without prejudice to its other obligations under this Agreement, if Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa becomes aware of any unauthorized, unlawful or dishonest conduct or activities or any breach of this section (including the occurrence of any Data Breach), Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa will promptly notify Our Prior Guest(s) and provide all relevant information reasonably required by Our Prior Guest about such conduct, activities and/or breaches.
19. Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa Security Obligations. Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa acknowledges that it is obliged to comply with the Processor Security Obligations (including management of on-going compliance and effective security management) in respect of Our Prior Guest Personal Data and, in particular, that it will comply with the following obligations: (i) take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to safeguard against any unauthorized and unlawful processing of Our Prior Guest Personal Data and against any accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, EU Personal Data; (ii) only process Our Prior Guest’s Personal Data in accordance with written instructions given by Our Prior Guest(s); (iii) take reasonable steps to ensure the reliability of those Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa employees, agents or other personnel that have access to Our Prior Guest’s Personal Data; and (iv) ensure that all Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa employees, agents or other personnel involved in processing Our Prior Guest Personal Data have undergone reasonably adequate training in the care and handling of EU Personal Data.
20. Audit. If a relevant data protection Supervisory Authority is required by law or regulation to audit the data processing facilities from which Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa processes Personal Data in order to ascertain and/or monitor compliance with Data Protection Requirements, then Make It Jamaica and Mais Oui Villa will cooperate with the audit.
Last Updated 05/15/2018