The Best of the Wedding Villas in Jamaica – Mais Oui Villa in Discovery Bay
Wedding villas in Jamaica: Will Mais Oui Villa fit the bill for your villa wedding in Jamaica?
Are you searching for fantastic wedding villas in Jamaica for your small wedding? If so, you are in good company.
Jamaica is one of the top wedding destinations in the Caribbean and the entire world.
Thousands of couples get married in Jamaica every year, mostly at all-inclusive hotels and resorts in large part due to the enticement of free weddings.
Savvy travelers realize that, even when you factor in the supposedly “free wedding” when you calculate how much money was spent at the property by the entire group over the duration of the destination wedding, the group could have had a more private and customized experience by renting a Jamaica wedding villa and hiring a local wedding planner to execute the event.
Table of Contents
Wedding villas in Jamaica make truly fabulous venues – if you pick the right one.
But you must have figured that, right? That’s why you are researching villas in Jamaica for your wedding.
Many properties advertise as wedding villas in Jamaica only to find out that they are small homes with only 3-4 bedrooms but may have ample acreage to host weddings on their lawn.
For today’s couples, that doesn’t cut it anymore.
They want a memorable experience with close family and friends, regardless of where they tie the knot.
Sure, people still elope by themselves and there are small destination weddings for 6 or fewer people but most such weddings are generally comprised of over 10 people.
Why it’s hard to find wedding villas in Jamaica?
- There aren’t too many large vacation rentals or wedding villas in Jamaica that allow weddings. Many owners simply don’t allow it due to the risk of damage and wear and tear to the property.
- Most of the large beachfront villas cost upwards of $20K per week for lodging alone and are out of the budget of most people.
- While many of the larger villas may have the space to hold weddings, they are not equipped to host them.
- Not all large villas have connections with wedding planners and vendors to pull off weddings successfully.
Mais Oui Tennis & Spa Villa shines as an option among wedding villas in Jamaica.
In fact, the very first wedding that we hosted at Mais Oui has featured in Destination Weddings and Honeymoons magazine.
Mais Oui is finishing up a major landscaping project which now positions us firmly as a destination of choice for intimate villa weddings in Jamaica. (Pictures to come in June 2021.)
Why does Mais Oui top the list among wedding villas in Jamaica?
At Mais Oui, you can create the best wedding week or weekend that you, your family, and your friends will cherish forever. Here is why this villa can do this:
1. Mais Oui is huge!
With about 11,000 square feet, you have lots of space to spread out. You have private bedrooms plus tons of additional space for you to get together and catch up on old times and just as many private spaces for those who want a little bit of alone time.
2. Mais Oui sleeps a lot of people.
Mais Oui specializes in intimate destination weddings – micro weddings of 20 people or fewer. With 8 bedrooms, the villa sleeps 17 people plus a few extra kids if necessary. Your closest family and friends will be able to stay together under one roof. Depending on the size of your group, there is no need to rent separate small wedding villas in Jamaica.
If you have extra people needing accommodations, they can stay at nearby wedding villas in Jamaica or at a hotel. Braco Melia is 5 minutes away. Grand Bahia is 10 minutes away. Other hotels are within 15 minutes drive.
3. The villa is designed for groups of various configurations.
Most rooms can be configured to suit groups with different needs – singles, couples, parents with kids. Our ground floor bedroom, with sliding doors to the pool, accommodates those who would prefer to not negotiate stairs. Check out our floor plan.
4. Mais Oui has amenities galore.
No one should be bored at Mais Oui Villa. Our amenities will entertain guests of all ages. Enjoy the pool, hot tub, tennis court, basketball hoop, mini-disc golf, gym, chess, billiards, ping-pong plus more … all for you and your guests, exclusively.
5. The villa is in an excellent location for seeing the sights.
Discovery Bay is between Montego Bay and Ocho Rios giving you the opportunity to see all the sights in between both areas. Enjoy over 30 attractions and activities within about a 30-minute drive. The central location makes a day trip to Negril or even Portland easy. If you want to see Kingston, recently designated a UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) world heritage site, you will be there in just over an hour if you use the new toll highway.
6. Couples have several on-site reception locations from which to choose.
There are multiple sites in our beautiful garden for your special celebration … the garden gazebo or cabana or on the lawn. Have the reception on the pool-side terrace or on our rooftop terrace. You are only limited by your creativity and your budget.
7. Mais Oui has an extra large kitchen.
Cooking for large groups is a breeze for our chef. Our newly expanded kitchen had 3 stoves plus 2 refrigerators and a freezer to keep food as market-fresh as possible.
8. The villa is designed for small weddings.
We have two powder rooms hidden in our gardens as well as two more near our rooftop terrace. No one has to trek to their rooms in the villa to use the restroom. or rent so-called “luxury port-a-potties”. What a convenience for your guests!
In the case of inclement weather, we can move small events of up to 35 people indoors. You can still enjoy your wedding even if it rains.
9. We can help you create your own all-inclusive experience so you know what costs to expect upfront.
Do you want your meals included? Meals at Mais Oui are simply fabulous!
Would you like your very own spa day at your private villa? No problem. Our guests rate our spa therapists highly.
Do you want to see the island? No worries. See Jamaica through the benefit of your personal van and driver service who will take you around in safety and comfort.
10. Enjoy a level of service you only dream of.
You will have your own staff … chef, butler, housekeepers, laundress, groundsmen … so there is no need for you or your guests to worry about making beds, tidying rooms, cooking, doing laundry. That’s why the villa is staffed. It is their pleasure to care for you during your stay so that all you have to do is relax, focus on your wedding, and nurture your relationships.
11. Mais Oui is not only a wedding-friendly vacation rental but a kid-friendly one too.
Since we have been traveling with our own child since he was 2 months old, we understand the challenges of traveling with young children. This made us create a vacation rental where kid-friendly amenities and upscale vacationing go hand in hand.
12. Mais Oui weddings are easy!
We want to help you make your wedding as reflective of your style as a couple as possible and for it to be meaningful and enjoyable for all involved.
To deliver the best service for our couples, we specialize in weddings of 20 people or fewer. We’ve got you covered for larger weddings of up to 50. We have teamed up with the area’s top wedding planners and vendors to ensure your special day is everything you imagined it to be.
We, along with our on-site staff, are at your service from the moment you book until the second you leave. We’ll help you ensure that every last detail is taken care of so that you will have the celebration of your dreams.
3 Reasons a Mais Oui Villa wedding is not for you
As wonderful as Mais Oui is for a wedding friendly vacation rental, a Mais Oui wedding is not for you if:
1. You are looking for a free or cheap wedding.
Try one of the all-inclusive instead; but, do realize that to get the free wedding, there are a certain amount of money and or hotel room nights that must be booked by your group to qualify. Imagine the pressure to invite more guests just to get a better deal. On top of that, very little customization of your wedding is usually allowed in free wedding packages.
2. You are having a large destination wedding or event with over 50 people
Try one of the hotels instead or consider one of the beautiful wedding venues such as Borghinvilla, which is just 2-3 minutes walk from Mais Oui.
Mais Oui wedding villa in Jamaica is best for more intimate celebrations. We do allow events of up to 50 people but our sweet spot is for micro weddings of 20 people or fewer.
3. You are looking for a party city.
There are no clubs in our immediate area. Choose instead a property on the hip strip in Montego Bay or in Negril. Unless you are fine with driving to experience nightlife but come home to peace and quiet, you will not enjoy our area. Our environment is very family-focused. The villa, likewise, fosters a very wholesome atmosphere.
Read the article: 10 Reasons Mais Oui Villa is Not for You
How to know if Mais Oui wedding villa in Jamaica will be a great fit for your wedding
Mais Oui Villa may be the most fitting of the wedding villas in Jamaica for you if:
1. You care just as much about having your friends and family have a great overall memorable experience as you do the wedding itself.
2. You don’t want to be Couple #4 for the wedding gazebo.
3. You are not looking for a wild party atmosphere.
Read the article: Why Stay in Discovery Bay Jamaica
4. You want an event where the focus is on your love for each other, the reason for the celebration, rather than the celebration itself.
5. You are having a small wedding in Jamaica, ideally 20 people or fewer, definitely less than 50 people.
6. Your budget will allow you to rent both the villa for the minimum number of nights required and to have a wedding event that you will enjoy and treasure for a lifetime.
7. You realize that a villa is not a hotel. Although Mais Oui has more amenities than many resorts, it is still a wedding villa in Jamaica and not a hotel.
Read the article: Jamaica villa or hotel: 10 Really Good Reasons to Choose a Villa and get the 12 point cheat sheet to tell if you are really a villa or hotel-type vacationer. The cheat sheet is a must-read if you have never vacationed at or rented a villa.
8. You want a property that will be a treat for you and your guests to stay.Read the article: Top 12 Reasons to Stay at Mais Oui Villa in Discovery Bay Jamaica
9. You realize that anything can be achieved for your wedding if there is enough time and budget to make it happen.
If you are looking for wedding villas in Jamaica and you think Mais Oui might be a possibility, contact us today so we can learn more about your needs and how we can help you.
‘Til next time.
Think and dream Jamaica!
Sherry, Darrell & Darrian
Considering a visit to Jamaica? Contact us today for more information about, Mais Oui Tennis & Spa Villa, our boutique 8-BR ocean view wedding villa in beautiful Discovery Bay, Jamaica. Perfect for multi-generational families, groups, and intimate destination weddings.
Visit our website: https://MakeItJamaica.com
Like us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/MakeItJamaica
Follow us on Pinterest: https://pinterest.com/makeitjamaica
Give us a call: 833.624.7684 (toll free) or 914.709.0457
Sign up for our newsletter and immediately get our Free Discovery Bay Insider Guide to discover what you won’t find in the guidebooks.